First Coast Women’s Services is a pregnancy care center that operates under the guidelines of Care Net International, which provides compassionate hope and help to women and men who are facing fear and indecision in a time of real crisis. We are a local expression of a national movement of Pregnancy Care Centers across the nation that in the words of TIME magazine, are the “kind, calm, non-judgmental” face of the pro-life movement.
What We Provide Our Clients
- Free-of-charge pregnancy test and limited ultrasound to confirm pregnancy
- Evidence-based education about all options: parenting, adoption and abortion
- Maternity clothing and baby items
- Male and Female peer counselors
- Referrals to adoption agencies and support throughout the process
- Referrals to churches and professional Christian counselors
- Referrals for medical and community resources
- Evidence-based education on abstinence and sexually transmitted infections
- The opportunity to hear the Gospel of Christ
- Abortion Healing Assistance for women and men
- Hope & Healing Ministry – Miscarriage, Still Birth and Early Infant Loss
- 24 hour call center through our national affiliates
What We Provide Our Community
First Coast Women’s Services serves many women and men in crisis each year. In addition, we reach out to the entire First Coast region through the educational component of our ministry. Our staff and volunteers are available to speak or make presentations to churches, youth groups, civic clubs, schools or businesses. Our speakers are equipped with DVDs, brochures, statistics and other relevant education.
What We Provide Our Volunteers
- Loving Christian fellowship that encourages and leads to a deeper relationship with Christ.
- Care Net training to equip them with the tools needed to be an effective peer counselor or other volunteer role
- Continuing education
- Opportunities to share the Gospel and love of Christ
- Annual volunteer appreciation event